WE ARE HIRING!
Who is the Porridge Team?
We are a small group of fun and quirky creatives! There is never a dull moment around here because we refuse the idea of dull. For those tough moments Millton our emotional support cat is always standing by for belly rubs. Coffee and espresso are available in the kitchen any time of day and snacking is a must. Occasional doughnuts in the morning and brats and burgers for lunch. And for those well seasoned team members; we will enjoy a local brew after 4 o'clock now and again. K POP is appreciated Porridge wide but we definitely love to mix up the playlist! It doesn't matter if you've been here 1 week or 10 years, throwing on your boots, running a press, or packing up paper, if you have a great idea when it comes to growing Porridge Papers into the most wildly known hand papermill that thinks outside the box and goes beyond our customers wildest dreams, we want you to be heard! If this sounds like a your type of environment we want you join us!
Part Time Papermaker
So much paper to be made and so little time to do it. Our solution…bring on a few amazing people to help create our paper! Don’t know how to make paper? No worries we got your back. It’s not easy work but it can be a lot of fun and creatively fulfilling.
- Starting pay $14hr, $15/hr after trial period
- Part-time help
- Daytime hours, no weekends
- 20-30 hours a week
- Regular raises and bonuses
- Possibility of Full time
- 401K match up to 5% after your 1st year
What it’s all about & what you are in for
- Highly repetitive, like really!
- Attention to quality and detail (this is a production mill, speed and quantity matter, it not an artsy I made my 10 sheets type of studio)
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Damp Environment
- On your feet all day (of course not including break time)
- Be ok with knowing that you may not pick this up immediately and we are committed to helping you learn the process (in shorter words, don't freak out when you mess up because you will and its not as easy as you think it will be)
- Quick Learner
- Strong Work Ethic
- Detail Oriented
- Takes Direction Well
- Can work well with others as well as by yourself
- Not afraid to work with hands and be in water all day
- Must have the ability to stay off your phone
Your type of environment? Please fill out the application below with the position you are applying for!